As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wicks Sugar Cream Pie Recipe. Are you craving a dessert that’s sweet, creamy, and utterly indulgent? Look no further than Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie Recipe! In this article, we’ll dive deep into the world of this delectable treat.
We’ll explore its origins, reveal the secret ingredients, and guide you through the step-by-step process of making it.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is bound to become a family favorite. So, let’s get started on this delicious journey!
Wicks Sugar Cream Pie Recipe
If you are a fan of rich, custard-filled pies, Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie will absolutely make your flavor buds dance with pleasure. This cherished dessert is a classic within the Midwest, and its smooth, candy filling and flaky crust are in reality irresistible.
The History Behind Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie
Wicks Sugar Cream Pie Recipe. Every great recipe has a story, and Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie is no exception. This delightful dessert traces its roots back to the American Midwest, where it was a staple in farm kitchens for generations.
Its humble beginnings can be attributed to resourceful cooks who crafted a pie that was both delicious and easy to make, using simple ingredients commonly found on the farm.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To create the perfect Wicks Sugar Cream Pie, gather the following ingredients:
For the Pie Crust:
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ cup of cold butter, cubed.
- 4-5 tablespoons of ice water.
For the Filling:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- ½ cup of brown sugar.
- ¼ cup of cornstarch.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 3 cups of heavy cream.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Ground nutmeg for garnish.
Step-by-Step Instructions of Wicks Sugar Cream Pie Recipe
Now we have all the ingredients ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of creating this heavenly pie.
Preparing the Pie Crust
- In a blending bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the combination.
- Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to blend the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually upload ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes collectively.
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Making the Filling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in the heavy cream and pure vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Assembling and Baking
Roll out the chilled pie crust on a floured surface and place it in a pie dish.
- Pour the sugar cream filling into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground nutmeg on top for a delightful aroma and flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
The Sweet Reward
As your Wicks Sugar Cream Pie bakes, the tantalizing aroma will fill your kitchen, creating an atmosphere of pure bliss. Once it’s done, allow it to cool to room temperature before slicing. With each bite, you’ll experience the perfect balance of sweetness and creaminess that defines this classic dessert.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use a store-bought pie crust for this recipe?
While a homemade crust is recommended for the best flavor and texture, a store-bought crust can be used as a time-saving alternative.
What is the origin of sugar cream pie?
Sugar cream pie has its origins in the state of Indiana, where it is often referred to as “Hoosier sugar cream pie.
Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter option?
While heavy cream is essential for the pie’s creamy texture, you can experiment with lighter alternatives, but the result may differ.
How should I store leftover sugar cream pie?
Store any leftover pie in the refrigerator, covering it with plastic wrap or foil to maintain freshness.
Can I make this pie ahead of time for a special occasion?
Absolutely! This pie can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until serving.
In conclusion, Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie Recipe is a delightful dessert that has stood the test of time. Its rich history and comforting flavors make it a beloved treat for families across the Midwest and beyond.
By following our step-by-step instructions, you can recreate this classic pie in your own kitchen and savor the delicious results. So, go ahead and whip up a slice of nostalgia with Wick’s Sugar Cream Pie – your taste buds will thank you!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.